16 August 2008

2008 Beijing Olympics




I don't know what it is about the Olympics this summer but I have loved watching them. I find it so fascinating no matter what I am watching. It has probably been a good thing for me because it has motivated me to get in shape. My favorite thing to watch is swimming. How amazing is Michael Phelps? I read an article on him and in the interview they asked him where he gets all of his strength and energy. He said that he eats on average 12,000 calories a day, which provides more than enough calories to burn. Can you believe that? Then he went on to add that he has trouble keeping weight on. I guess when you are as talented as he is you could eat whatever you wanted and not feel guilty. I also love watching girls gymnastics. It was so sweet to see Nastia Liukin win the gold medal, and Shawn Johnson taking the silver. Can you imagine winning an Olympic medal at their age? I am going to be so sad when the Olympics are over and can't wait to watch the winter olympics in Canada in a couple of years!

1 comment:

Candace & Winston said...

SOJ i miss seeing you! i hope things are going good for you! i better see you around soooooon!! You are looking darling in all your pics!
Love, cand